The 36 FSS supports 36th Wing personnel and mission partners at Andersen Air Force Base, Guam. It has 560 personnel providing essential mission support services and programs within five flights: Manpower and Personnel, Force Development, Sustainment Services, Airmen & Family Services, and Community Services and Readiness.
The 36 FSS's programs, and facilities and services enhance force readiness, esprit de corps and morale and welfare to over 9,000 military and civilian personnel, three geographically-separated units, as well as 20,000 retirees and their families.
Manpower and Personnel Flight
- Contains the Military Personnel section, Manpower and organization, Civilian Personnel, and NAF Human Resources. Visit this flight for general personnel information and identification cards for active duty members, retirees, and authorized family members. Information and assistance are also available on a variety of programs including base-in processing, evaluations, PRP, awards and decorations, assignments, promotions, separations and retirements, formal training programs etc.
Furthermore, the men and women of NAF HRO and Civilian Personnel can provide the classification of positions, staffing of positions, employee benefits and entitlements, and employee and labor management relations for both non-appropriated and appropriated positions.
Lastly, the Manpower and Organization Section manages Air Force structure, organizational and manpower standards, manpower grades, peacetime and wartime manpower requirements, process reengineering, continuous improvement initiatives, management consulting services and team building.
Force Development Flight
- Contains Education and Training, Airmen Leadership School (ALS), First Term Airmen's Center (FTAC), Career Assistance Advisor (CAA), and Base Library. Are you trying to start or finish a degree in advanced education? The Education Center holds your ticket, the services offered there include processing of tuition assistance, education testing with the College Level Exam Program (CLEP) and DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST), college testing, PME testing, and guidance counseling. Further services include GI Bill Education programs and scholarship opportunities for enlisted, officers, and civilians.
The Library manages circulating book collections (adults, juvenile fiction), children programs and access to electronic resources with free Wi-Fi. It boosts a wide variety of videos and CDs for loan. The perfect place to enjoy a relaxed leisure time.
ALS and FTAC are military professional development programs geared towards the young Airmen just arriving to their first duty station and the seasoned Airmen prior to transitioning into the NCO tier.
The Career Assistance Advisor provides advice and current information on benefits. CAA also manages Professional Development Seminars for effective writing and leadership to name a few.
Sustainment Services Flight
- Contains Food Operations (Magellan Dining facility, Skyline Flight Kitchen), Top of the Rock Club, Bamboo Willies, Coral Reef Fitness Center, and Lodging. The dining facility and flight kitchen operate seven days a week on an a-la-carte system. Payment for meals received by other than subsistence-in-kind entitlement members is cash only.
Top of the Rock Club and Bamboo Willies are facilities which offer entertainment and food for all-ranks. Take advantage of Bamboo Willies beautiful scenic views and Top of the Rock's casual and main lounges and spacious ballroom. Club membership is offered to all military, civilian and retired members.
Coral Reef Fitness Center is a 24 hour facility that houses a full line of free-weight and cardio equipment, Wally-ball and racquetball courts, locker rooms, equipment check-out and instructional classes. Also, you can participate in intramural and varsity sports along with monthly fun runs and fit-family events.
Lastly, the front desk is ready to serve you 24 hours a day, seven days a week at the Gateway Inns Lodging office. Each room offers cable, pay per view service and high-speed internet. With units available for both accompanied and unaccompanied trips, Lodging is the best place to stay when visiting the beautiful island of Guam.
Airmen and Family Services Flight
- Contains the Military and Family Readiness Center, Teen Center, Youth Center, Family Child Care (FCC) Program, and Child Development Center. This flight supports readiness and by linking individuals and families with the effective resources to meet their professional and personal needs. The M&FRC has programs in Information and Referral, Personal and Family Readiness, Transition Assistance, Relocation Assistance, Personal Financial Management, Air Force Aid Society and Family Life Education.
The rest of the flight can meet your child care needs for newborns, toddlers, pre-school, school-age children as well as , pre-teens and teens. These centers are accredited and can be utilized on a full-time basis or hourly care. To accommodate non-traditional care needs such as evening, weekend, and shift-work, the FCC program may be the way to go. These military spouses provide care directly from their homes with the same licensing and safety standards as the traditional facilities.
Community Services Flight
- Contains Outdoor Recreation, Palm Tree Golf Course, Gecko Lanes Bowling Center, Hot Spot Airman Center, Arts & Crafts, Pet Lodge, Pool, and I Tickets & Tours. Get all your travel, sporting, hobby and automotive needs met in this flight. Furthermore, you can find your swim fins at the pool and better your average at the bowling center.