Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
Operate at the highest state of readiness and deliver operational excellence to the warfighter by providing beddown facilities, war reserve material and firepower capability in support and execution of national objectives.
Det 1, 36 MSG includes the following flights:
Mission Support Flight
- Serves as the Air Force liaison for the US Navy Base Operating Support Contract (BOSC). Oversees contract personnel for the maintenance and repair of Air Force facilities, infrastructure and the aircraft parking ramp, and coordinates and prepares contract modification requests. Additionally, provides management, technical support and surveillance for Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) construction contracts. The flight is also responsible for maintaining War Reserve Material (WRM) aerospace ground equipment, WRM vehicle fleet and the Air Force fueling system and operations.
- The flight is responsible for Air Force and Space Force utilized NIPR and SIPR networks of 145 users with capabilities to rapidly expand to more than 300.
- The flight also maintains Diego Garcia’s Sole emergency first responders radio network
- The flight is also responsible for troubleshooting and diagnosing computer issues; scanning, patching, and remediating network vulnerabilities; and identifying, installing and implementing long term network upgrade projects.
- Manages the WRM program, maintains support plans, provides reception/beddown support for deployed forces, and is the AF liaison to US Navy and British Forces for country clearances. In addition, the flight is responsible for material management support to all Air Force detachments on Diego Garcia.
- Responsible for the accountability and serviceability of AFCENT's $301M WRM munitions stockpile and maintains multiple munitions storage and operating facilities on Diego Garcia.
Maj. Keyanna Spears