Andersen now under HPCON Bravo with additional measures
By 36th Wing Public Affairs
/ Published August 06, 2020
ANDERSEN AIR FORCE BASE, Guam --
Due to the low infection percentage of COVID-19 across the island, increased capacity for rapid response and mitigation, and after consultation with the Public Health Emergency Officer (PHEO), Andersen Air Force Base (AAFB) is authorized to transition to Health Protection Condition (HPCON) Bravo with additional measures.
HPCON levels are fluid, and restrict ions are not immediately or indefinitely associate d to a specific HPCON. HPCON B for AAFB maintains that there is evidence of continued COVID-19 transmission in the local community, as well as a continued downward trend of local cases as a percentage of positive results over total tests. Guidance will continue to be tailored appropriately to mitigate this pandemic, to include reverting to HPCON Charlie, as required. In accordance with this HPCON change, the following guidance is applicable:
- Personnel Responsibility and Compliance: AAFB remains in a public health emergency with COVID-19 posing a significant threat to mission readiness and personnel. Individuals must continue to practice personal responsibility and adhere to the public health recommended protective actions of physical distancing, mask wear, and hand hygiene.
- Return-to-Work: Individuals who return to work and are living with vulnerable individuals should take precautions to isolate themselves from their vulnerable household members. Telework continues to remain encouraged whenever possible and feasible, especially for vulnerable individuals and members living with vulnerable individuals.
- Vulnerable individuals: COVID-19 is often more severe in people older than 60 years or with those who have underlying health conditions, such as lung or heart disease, diabetes or conditions affecting their immune system. These groups are recommended to stay home.
- Physical Distancing: Continue to practice physical distancing of greater than six feet from others, and when physical distancing is not possible, individuals must continue to use precautionary measures ( i.e . proper hand hygiene, face coverings).
- Common Access Facilities: Common areas and facilities where personnel are likely to congregate and physical distancing cannot be maintained will remain closed. Areas that can enforce precautionary measures coordinated with Public Health and approved by the Commander may begin to reopen (i.e. base library, MWR).
- Childcare: Childcare facilities may begin to reopen with precautionary measures.
- Outdoor Recreation Areas: Outdoor recreational areas may begin to reopen with precautionary measures.
- Fitness Center: The fitness center will remain open with precautionary measures (i.e. appointment based, limited personnel).
Installation access, including the use of DeCA Commissary and AAFES Base Exchange, Shoppette, and Gas Station, remains restricted to Mission Essential Personnel (MEP) Monday-Friday. MEP are defined as the following:
- Active duty military and United States Coast Guard personnel and their dependents
- National Guard and Reserve on Title 10 orders and their dependents
- Members of 254 ABG on AGR orders and their dependents
- DoD civilian employees and their authorize d dependents
- Full-time contractors
- AAFES and DeCA employees
All operable facilities are encouraged to require entering personnel to perform proper hand hygiene, mask wear, and be subject to additional screening for COVID-19 symptoms. All open facilities may be limited to a single point of entry.
Military members not in compliance with these measures may be subject to Uniform Code of Military Justice action. Civilians and dependents not in compliance may be subject to barment from Andersen Air Force Base and civilian prosecution.
Additional information on COVID-19 can be found at www.andersen.af.mil.
Report any COVID-19 symptoms to the 36 MDG at 671-366 -93 55 (366 -WELL).
This memo supersedes 2 Jul 20 Andersen AFB COVID-19 Response Actions. This policy will remain in effect until further directed.