ANDERSEN AIR FORCE BASE, Guam --
Effective immediately, Brig. Gen. Gentry Boswell, 36th Wing commander, has directed the following measures in response to COVID-19.
Installation access is restricted to Mission Essential Personnel (MEP). Monday through Friday. All other personnel with privileges will have access Saturday and Sunday. MEP are defined as the following:
- Active duty military and United States Coast Guard personnel and their dependents
- National Guard and Reserve on Title 1 0 orders and their dependents
- Members of 254 ABG on AGR orders and their dependents
- DOD civilian employees and their dependents
- Full-time contractors
- AAFES and DeCA employees
Social gatherings are not allowed outside of immediate family/household members.
All personnel will take necessary precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Ensure social distancing with no person-to-person contact. Maintain a six-foot distance from others at all times. No gatherings authorized outside an individual's immediate family/household members. Hold meetings and events virtually whenever possible and limit attendance to personnel who are vital to the mission. Do not conduct group fitness.
The following activities/services will be closed, cancelled or operating under certain restrictions:
- The Coral Reef Fitness Center and Annex
- Teen Center
- Youth Center
- Meehan Theater
- United Services Organization (USO)
- Gecko Lanes
- Swimming Pool
- Top of the Rock
- Information Tickets and Travel
- Chapel services and activities
All other Andersen AFB facilities will remain open with the following caveats:
Andersen DeCA Commissary access remains limited to Mission Essential Personnel (MEP) who have authorized privileges Tuesday through Friday 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. All other personnel with privileges will have access Saturday and Sunday.
• Patrons should expect longer than normal wait times.
• The facility is currently limiting the number of patrons in the store at this time due to health and safety requirements.
• We recommend bringing an umbrella, folding chair and bottled water.
• Patrons are limited to one shopping cart per family, and can only shop for personal use.
• Please try to limit the number of people that accompany you.
• Those with disabilities may enter at 9:30 a.m.
• Commissary hours for our manåmko, those over sixty, are 10 a.m. to 12.
• All other patrons are welcome to shop from 12 to 7 p.m.
AAFES Base Exchange, Shoppette, and Gas Station access is limited to MEP who have authorized privileges on Monday through Friday. All other personnel with privileges will have access Saturday and Sunday.
- Masks are required for entry.
- Consolidated Support Center services by appointment only
- Library group activities are cancelled
- Education Center testing services will be limited
- Airman and Family Readiness Center services will be limited
- Chapel counseling services will be available upon request
All open facilities will require entering personnel to be subject to additional screening for COVID-19 symptoms. All open facilities may be limited to a single point of entry.
No fitness assessments will be conducted during this period. Personnel will be given 42 days notice prior to being scheduled/rescheduled for fitness assessments. Please contact your Unit Fitness Program Manager regarding scheduling/rescheduling fitness assessments.
Additional information on COVID-19 can be found at www.andersen.af.mil.
COVID-19 Mitigation Measures & Enforcement
The following COVID-19 mitigation measures have been updated and are effective immediately:
Individuals must continue to self-monitor for signs and symptoms and maintain awareness of physical distancing, mask wearing and hand hygiene. Physical distancing is maintaining 6 feet distance from others at all times.
All military members must inform the 36 MDG and their chain of command if they suspect they are infected, or have close contact with a person suspected to be infected. Civilian employees, contractors, and dependents are highly encouraged to inform the 36 MDG and their chain of command if they suspect they are infected, or have close contact with a person suspected to be infected. Report any COVID-19 symptoms to the 36 MDG at 671-366-9355 (366-WELL).
All individuals will avoid crowded areas, avoid ALL social gatherings excluding family/household members and continue to practice physical distancing of 6 feet or more to the maximum extent practical with family/household and while performing work-related functions.
Tarague Beach will remain open, however, gatherings are limited to family/household members only.
Only off-base essential travel is authorized (i.e. grocery shopping, post office, pharmacy visits, transit to and from work, outdoor exercise, take-out food, pet care, haircuts, real estate, automotive sales, elective medical and dental, etc). Travel to Navy Base Guam or NCTS for work/recreation is allowed.
Dining-in at restaurants and bar patronage is strictly prohibited.
Low transmission-risk outdoor activities are authorized (i.e. diving, water sports, cycling, etc.)
Military members not in compliance with these measures will be subject to Uniform Code of Military Justice action. Civilians and dependents not in compliance will be subject to barment from Andersen Air Force Base and civilian prosecution.
This memo supersedes 8 Apr 20 COVID-19 Mitigation Measures & Enforcement and rescinds 16 Mar 20 Andersen AFB COVID- 19 Response Actions. This policy will remain in effect until further directed. Please refer questions to your chain of command or 36 WG/PA at 671-366-2228.