On Jan. 30, 2020, the World Health Organization declared a public health emergency of international concern for the 2019 novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. On Jan. 31, 2020, the secretary of Health and Human Services declared a public health emergency in the United States and announced new measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The current epidemic, which originated in mainland China, has demonstrated the capacity of COVID-19 to spread globally. While supporting other government agencies’ response to the COVID-19 threat, the Department of the Air Force is responding appropriately to protect the health of the force and maintain operational readiness.
Effective 12 pm, March 26, the Andersen Air Force Base North Gate will be open 24 hours, while Main Gate and Santa Rosa Gate will remain closed until further notice. All individuals entering the base will be required to undergo COVID-19 medical screening prior to entry.
AAFB COVID Mitigation Measures & Enforcement (08Apr2020)
AAFB COVID Response Actions Memo (16Mar2020)
USTRANSCOM Personal Property Advisory #20-0058G UPDATE (20May2020)
In light of the recent confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Guam, Andersen AFB has implemented the following preventative measures to ensure the health and welfare of Team Andersen and the local populace. We encourage you to talk with your chain of command, and to rely on credible sources such as our Andersen Air Force Base, Guam Facebook page for up-to-date information.
Current as of May 21, 2020
*Commissary access info updated March 25
*Medical Clinic info updated March 19
*Andersen banking hours updated March 18
In response to COVID-19, the 36 WG/CC has declared a Public Health Emergency. Effective immediately, Andersen Air Force Base is in Health Protection Condition (HPCON) Charlie.
Installation access is restricted to Mission Essential Personnel (MEP) Monday through Friday. All other personnel with privileges will have access Saturday and Sunday.
*Under HPCON Charlie MEP are defined as the following:
1. Active duty military and United States Coast Guard personnel and their dependents
2. National Guard and Reserve on Title 10 & Title 32 orders and their dependents
3. Members of 254 ABG on AGR orders and their dependents
4. DoD civilian employees and their dependents
5. Full-time contractors
6. AAFES and DeCA employees
All personnel will take necessary precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
1. Ensure social distancing with no person-to-person contact. Maintain a six-foot distance from others at all times.
2. Limit events to fewer than 50 personnel. Hold meetings and events virtually whenever possible or limit attendance to personnel who are vital to the mission. Do not conduct group fitness.
The following activities/services will be closed or canceled:
1. The Coral Reef Fitness Center and Annex
2. Teen Center
3. Youth Center
4. Meehan Theater
5. United Services Organization (USO)
6. Gecko Lanes
7. Swimming Pool
8. Top of the Rock
9. Information Tickets and Travel
10. Chapel services and activities
11. Library group activities are canceled
12. No fitness assessments will be conducted during this period.
Personnel will be given 42 days’ notice prior to being scheduled/rescheduled for fitness assessments. Please contact your Unit Fitness Program Manager regarding scheduling/rescheduling fitness assessments.
13. DoDEA-Guam schools will close March 18
All other Andersen AFB facilities will remain open with the following caveats:
All open facilities will require entering personnel to be subject to additional screening for COVID-19 symptoms. All open facilities may be limited to a single point of entry.
1. UPDATE MARCH 26: The Andersen AFB and Naval Base Guam commissaries have adjusted their hours of operation to 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Please see the list below for specific shopping times. There will be no early bird hours effective March 19. This change is to allow for cleaning of the facility to avoid the potential spread of COVID-19. Please see graphic below for authorized shopping hours.
Andersen commissary access remains limited to Mission Essential Personnel (MEP) who have authorized privileges Tuesday through Friday. All other personnel with privileges will have access Saturday and Sunday.
• Patrons should expect longer than normal wait times.
• The facility is currently limiting the number of patrons in the store at this time due to health and safety requirements.
• We recommend bringing an umbrella, folding chair and bottled water.
• Patrons are limited to one shopping cart per family, and can only shop for personal use.
• Please try to limit the number of people that accompany you.
• Those with disabilities may enter at 9:30 a.m.
• Commissary hours for our manåmko, those over sixty, are 10 a.m. to 12.
• All other patrons are welcome to shop from 12 to 7 p.m.
• We highly recommend that all Mission Essential Personnel (MEP) use the commissary Tuesday through Friday.
Naval Base Guam commissary access remains limited to Mission Essential Personnel (MEP) who have authorized privileges Monday, Wednesday through Friday. All other personnel with privileges will have access Saturday and Sunday.
2. AAFES Base Exchange, Shoppette, and Gas Station access is limited to MEP who have authorized privileges on Monday through Friday. All other personnel with privileges will have access Saturday and Sunday.
3. Consolidated Support Center services by appointment only
4. Education Center testing services will be limited
5. Airman and Family Readiness Center services will be limited
6. Chapel counseling services will be available upon request
7. PenFed hours:
M, T, Th, F: 0900-1500
8. Bank of Guam hours:
9. UPDATED April 10 - Andersen Medical Clinic Operational Changes
To be in line with 36th Wing policy, “Installation access is restricted to Mission Essential Personnel (MEP) Monday through Friday. All other personnel with privileges will have access Saturday and Sunday,” the 36th Medical Group will adjust operations effective immediately:
• The MDG implemented single point of entry. Please enter through the Flight Medicine entrance in the rear of the clinic. Patient parking will also be located to the rear, by the Flight Medicine clinic entrance.
• Available 0900-1600, Monday-Friday, for all Active Duty and Dependents. Flight Medicine Walk-in Sick Call is cancelled. Patients who would normally present to Sick Call for acute concerns will need to call 366-9355 to schedule a virtual appointment.
• Saturday: Open to retirees and their dependents from 0700-1000, by appointment ONLY. The pharmacy will also be open for prescription fills. Please call 366-9355, 0700-1600, Monday-Friday to schedule an appointment. We also highly encourage patients call in your new and refill prescriptions in advance to decrease your wait time, 366-9620.
In addition to operational changes, the 36th MDG have some Important updates effective immediately:
• North West Field Clinic - as of 23 MAR 2020 the clinic is CLOSED until further notice.
• Physical Therapy is CLOSED until further notice.
• If you have been out of the country in the past 14 days or have been in close proximity to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, AND you are experiencing Fever, Dry Cough, or Shortness of Breath please do not enter the Medical Group. Call the appointment line at 366-9355 and the medical staff will advise you on the next steps.
10. UPDATE MARCH 26: Communications Focal Point - As of March 26- will be suspending all walk-in services. Customers requiring assistance will need to schedule an appointment by dialing 366-2666 and selecting option 7.
11. UPDATE MARCH 26: The 36th Wing Legal Office- as of March 26- will be suspending walk-in legal assistance services and will not be taking appointments effective at 0800 on March 27. If you believe you are experiencing a legal emergency, please call (671)-366-2937 for potential legal assistance options.
12. UPDATE MARCH 26: Andersen SAPR Office- as of March 26- will continue to provide all services. If an in-person appointment is desired, please call (671) 489-5710, (671) 489-5687, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For emergencies, please call 366-SARC (7272) or the DoD Safe Helpline at 877-995-5247.
13. UPDATE MARCH 26: Andersen Chapels- as of March 26- will be suspending all chapel worship services, programs and activities, to include activities in the chapel by 3rd party organizations until further notice. However, chapel counseling services will be made available upon request. The Protestant Women of the Chapel's Retreat that was scheduled for April 17-19 is postponed until further notice as well.
PWOC registrants who desire a refund must:
(1) Call ITT/MWR and request a refund Monday through Friday, between 0900-1800. the AAFB number is: 266-2586. The NBG number is: 989-2301. (2) Call the Andersen Chapel at 366-6139 to report the requested refund, so the spot can be made available to another person. Please note, with regards to PWOC refunds: no walk-ins. Call ITT/MWR only (the USO & ITT are closed to foot traffic). In addition, if you paid with a credit card, the refund will go back to your card; and if you paid in cash, ITT/MWR will email you via an EFT form. However, for the latter, ITT/MWR will need your banking information. Appropriate and timely public announcements will be made when the PWOC Retreat and regularly scheduled chapel programming is to resume. If you have any questions, please call 366-6139. Please know that your chapel team is praying that all remain safe and sound during the trying times. Blessings and peace.
14. UPDATE MARCH 26: 36th Comptroller Squadron (Finance office)- as of March 26- will be appointment based only. You may schedule an appointment by emailing email@example.com or calling 366-1770.
14. UPDATE APRIL 27: AAFES Barber Shop and Beauty Salon will only be open to the following members Monday-Friday:
Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, and Department of the Navy civilian Firefighters and Police Officers
Members using the Barber Shop and Beauty Salon must be in uniform.
For after-hours care, please call the Nurse Advice Line (NAL) at 1-800-TRICARE (874-2273). Due to a 300% call volume increase, expect 2-3 hour delays in reaching NAL representatives.
Additional information on COVID-19 can be found at www.andersen.af.mil.
Report any COVID-19 symptoms to the 36 MDG at 671-366-9355 (366-WELL).
This policy will remain in effect until further directed. Please refer questions to your chain of command.
If you are experiencing symptoms of a cough, shortness of breath and/or fever, please call the appointment line at 366-WELL before coming to the Medical Group.
Help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, like Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) by avoiding close contact with people who are sick; covering cough and sneeze, avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth; and washing your hands with soap and water.
If you suspect you are sick with Coronavirus Disease 2019 or want more information, see the attached CDC fact sheets to help prevent the spread to other people in your home and community.
For more information visit the Air Force Medical Services website.