An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Feature Search

Andersen Tax Center to open Feb. 4

  • Published
  • By Tech. Sgt. Brian Mayhew
  • 36th Wing Legal Office
The Andersen Tax Center opens its doors on Feb. 4. 

All active duty Air Force members and dependants, Guard, and Reserve can get help from professionally trained tax volunteers for federal and state tax returns for free.

The Tax Center will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to noon. It is located to the left of Bank of Guam in Building 21000. 

Filers using 1040EZ forms will be accepted on a walk-in basis on Monday and returns can be dropped off. Form 1040 and 1040A filers will require an appointment. 

Please call 366-4TAX (4829) beginning Jan. 30 to make an appointment.

Our volunteers are thoroughly trained and certified by the Internal Revenue Service, however, be mindful that they are not fully licensed tax professionals and a complex tax return may require paid professional attention. Allow our volunteers to assess your paperwork and advise you accordingly which avenue works best for your return.

Simple tax returns involving schedules 1, 2, 3, EIC, A, B, R, forms 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, 1040V, 1040ES, as well as using child and dependent care credits, education credits, and additional child tax credits will be prepared.

Complicated tax returns involving profit or loss from a private business, complicated capital gains and losses, rental property profit or losses, requests for social security numbers, employee business expenses, moving expenses, non-deductible Individual Retirement Accounts, or minor's investment income will not be prepared at our office.

Be sure to bring all important tax documents to the appointment. Bring last year's tax return, all W2s, all Form 1099s or 1098s,if any, servicemember's and dependent's picture identification cards, Social Security cards or taxpayer's identification for both servicemember and dependents, powers of attorney, if any, and any other financial document that seems important.