HomeAbout UsFact SheetsDisplay

337 - Personnel Claims

We assist members regardless of their branch of service. Most types of claims are now covered under the Full Replacement Value (FRV) program (see link below). All USAF Personnel claims are now processed through the Air Force Claims Service Center in Dayton OH. They may be contacted via their web page at http://legalassistance.law.af.mil/claims or via phone at 1-877-754-1212. Our AF HHG handout below contains further details. If you choose to file your claims through your respective service rather than under the FRV program, we will receipt for the claim, log it into our database and forward it to the respective service for adjudication and settlement. Please see your respective service's handout below for more information on how to complete your claim.


It is very important that each member turn in their DD Form 1840/1840R (Pink Form) to both the carrier and our office NLT 70 days from the date the HHG shipment was delivered. This does not constitute filing a claim. You actually have nine months to file your claim under the FRV program or two years from the date of delivery to file your claim with your respective service. However, if you do not turn in the DD Form 1840/1840R it could significantly affect the amount awarded to you. Please see the following links for procedures on completing your claim (please note that all amounts claimed need to be in U.S. dollar amounts): 

AF HHG & POV Claims 
Army HHG Claims
Army POV Claims
Navy HHG Claims
Navy POV Claims
Sample DD Form 1842
DD Form 1842
Sample DD Form 1844
DD Form 1844