|CHIEF MASTER SGT. MARGARITA OVERTON|
CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT MARGARITA OVERTON
Chief Master Sergeant Margarita Overton is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 36th Wing, Andersen Air Force Base, Guam. In this position she is the principal advisor to the Wing Commander on matters affecting the utilization, health, morale and welfare of over 8,500 military and civilian personnel. Additionally, she advises the Commander for Airmen deployed to Andersen Air Force Base for PACOM's Continuous Bomber Presence and Theater Security Package. Her responsibilities include keeping all commanders within the 36th Wing apprised of matters affecting their personnel, and liaises between headquarters staff agencies, NAFs, commanders, tenant units, and senior enlisted leaders on operational and administration matters and implementing policy.
Chief Master Sergeant Overton grew up in Athens, Greece, and entered the Air Force in January 1987. She completed her technical training as a ground radio specialist at Keesler Air Force Base, Mississippi. Her assignments include bases in Texas, Virginia, and California. Chief Master Sergeant Overton also served overseas at Lajes Field, Azores and has deployed to HQ US European Command (EUCOM), Qatar and Iraq in support of the Global War on Terrorism.
1989 Non-commissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Lajes Field, Azores
1991 Associate's degree, Electronic Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force
1992 Airman Leadership School, Langley Air Force Base, Va.
1996 Bachelor of Arts degree, Psychology, St. Leo College, Fla.
1996 Academic Instructor School, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Al.
1997 Associate's degree, Instructor in Technology, Community College of the Air Force
1997 Occupational Instructor Certificate, Community College of the Air Force
2001 Manpower Apprentice Course, Keesler Air Force Base, Ms.
2002 Non-commissioned Officer Academy, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Tx.
2002 Senior Non-commissioned Officer Academy, Course 12
2003 Associate's degree, Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force
2006 Senior Non-commissioned Officer Academy, Gunter-Annex Maxwell Air Force Base, Al
2008 Chief Leadership Course, Gunter-Annex Maxwell Air Force Base, Al.
2008 Masters of Management/Human Resource Management, University of Phoenix, Az.
2009 AFSO-21 Executive Leadership Course, University of Tennessee, Center of Executive Education
2010 The Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, PA
1. January 1987 - February 1987, trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Tex.
2. February 1987 - September 1987, student, Ground Radio Specialist Course, Keesler Air Force Base, MS.
3. September 1987 - May 1989, Installation Specialist, 6968th Engineering and Installation Squadron, Kelly AFB, TX.
4. June 1989 - September 1991, Scope Maintenance Specialist, 1605th Communications Squadron, Lajes Field, Azores.
5. October 1991 - April 1993, Ground Radio Communications Specialist, 74th Air Control Squadron, Langley Air Force Base, VA.
6. May 1993 - December 1995, Assistant NCO in charge, Job Control, 74th Air Control Squadron, Langley Air Force Base, VA.
7. January 1996 - March 2001, Airman Leadership School Instructor, Langley Air Force Base, VA.
8. April 2001 - May 2001, student, Manpower Apprentice Course, Keesler Air Force Base, MS.
9. June 2001 - July 2004, Manpower Management Technician, Beale Air Force Base, CA. (June 2004 - September 2004, Manpower Contingency Analyst, European Command Plans and Operations Center, Headquarters United States European Command)
10. August 2004 - June 2005, Superintendent, Manpower and Organization Flight, Beale Air Force Base, CA.
11. July 2005 - June 2008, Mission Program Manager, Manpower and Organization Division, Directorate of Manpower and Personnel, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley Air Force Base VA (September 2006 - January 2007, Superintendent, United States Central Command Air Forces, Manpower and Personnel Directorate, Combined Air Operations Center, Southwest Asia)
12. June 2008 - February 2010, Superintendent 78th Force Support Squadron, Robins Air Force Base, GA (September 2009 - February 2010, Team Chief, Personnel Support for Contingency Operations, 332d Expeditionary Force Support Squadron, Southwest Asia)
13. March 2010 - Nov 2010, Superintendent 78th Mission Support Group, Robins Air Force Base, GA
14. Nov 2010 - present. Command Chief Master Sergeant, 36th Wing, Andersen Air Force Base, Guam
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal, three bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal, three bronze oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal, one bronze oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal, one bronze star
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Rifle)
1992 Airman Leadership School Distinguished Graduate
1999 1st Fighter Wing Airman Leadership School Instructor of the Year
2000 1st Fighter Wing Airman Leadership School Instructor of the Year
2001 Manpower Apprentice Course, Distinguished Graduate
2002 NCO Academy Distinguished Graduate
2003 9th RW Wing Staff Agency Senior NCO of the year
2003 Air Combat Command Installation-level SNCO of the year
2004 9th Mission Support Squadron SNCO of the year
2004 Air Combat Command Installation-level SNCO of the year
2006 Air Force Senior Non-Commissioned Academy Distinguished Graduate
2006 USCENTAF AEF 3/4 Most Valuable Player Combined Air Operations Center
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Senior Airman 7 Jan 1990
Sergeant 1 Jan 1991
Staff Sergeant 1 Nov 1995
Technical Sergeant 1 Jul 2000
Master Sergeant 1 Jul 2003
Senior Master Sergeant 1 Mar 2006
Chief Master Sergeant 1 Dec 2008
(Current as of December 2010)